City Council December 14 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 179 777 5575) to make public comment at the December 14 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
December 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 179 777 5575
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Appointment to Downtown Development Authority – Brant Russell
Appointment to Downtown Development Authority – Elizabeth Rae
- Regular Meeting of September 29, 2020
- Regular Meeting of November 16, 2020
- Regular Meeting of November 30, 2020
- Right-of-Way Permit for Community Events
- 2019-2020 Year-End Actions; Fund Balance Allocations
- Health & Safety Workplace Banks to Protect Employee & Public Health
- Authorization to Extend Water Service Connections and Water Sewer Maintenance Services Contract
- Authorization to Purchase Tires and Related Products for the Motor Pool and Fire Department
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Parts and Repair Services for Citywide Operations
- Authorization to use Avis Ford Body Shop for Emergency Repairs, Maintenance and Parts
- Improvement of the City’s Cybersecurity Posture
- Authorization to Purchase Vehicle for Fire Department
- Request for Approval of Contractual Services Agreement
- Oakland County Interlocal Agreement for a Designated Assessor under PA 660 of 2018
- PZRODD20-0001, Rezoning Request of Contour Development, on behalf of the owner, City of Southfield, to amend the existing ODD Agreement for the Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District with underlying RS, Regional Shopping Zoning District to allow a Master Development Plan for mixed use development, as well as, the installation of the required landscape elements and plazas along Greenfield Road on the following parcels: 2436-476-023, 2436-476-028, 2436-476-035, 2436-476-040, 2436-476-044 thru -047, or +/-78.12 acres, more or less, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1730
- PSP20-0012, Site plan review request of YUKON Building and Land Development, on behalf of the owner, Kiwi Hospitality for site and façade improvements and a new entrance canopy on the north side of the 5-story hotel on property located at 26555 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2420-201-014 thru -016, Part Of Lot 2 Supervisor’s Plat No. 1, on the west side of Telegraph Road between Swanson and the M-10 Lodge Freeway, Section 20, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 179 777 5575
- Appointment of Deputy Fire Chief
- Request to Transfer Class C Liquor License for 3 Saads, LLC D/B/A Starter’s Bar & Grill
- Consulting Services for Removal of Escalators in Public Safety Building
- Authorization for Payment for Repairs of Metal Sculpture
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Discussion of Attorney-Client Written Opinion Regarding Employee Separation Agreement
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.