City Council August 9 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 959 8998) to make public comment at the August 9 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting (Committee-of-the-Whole)
Agenda of the City Council
August 9, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
Telephone: 248-796-5150 Website: www.cityofsouthfield.com
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code: 173 959 8998
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Wildlife Advisory Commission Presentation
- Southfield Police Department/Flock Safety Automatic License Plate Recognition
- Approval of the Evergreen-Farmington Sanitary Drain Chapter 20 Section 471 Agreement
- Preliminary Discussion Regarding Conversion of the Existing Hawthorn Suites Hotel to Multiple Family Units at 26700 Central Park Boulevard
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Alley Vacation (PSV21-0001)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments (PZTA21-0004A)
- Request from Easy Online Solutions, Ltd. at 21671 Melrose Avenue, Southfield, MI 48075 Hosting for Personal Property Tax Exemption Under P.A. 328
- Economic Development Initiative – Application Arbor Town II, LLC for a Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate under PA 210 of 2005, as amended
- Memorandum of Law regarding Southfield Charter Chapter VII – Judicial Division
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 173 959 8998.
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.