City Council August 31 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 129 759 1586) to make public comment at the August 31 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
August 31, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 170 2001
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of June 15, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of June 22, 2020
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of July 13, 2020
- The Purchase of Cisco WebEx Licenses
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Hurst Extrication Rescue Tool (Jaws of life)
- Approval to Purchase Rescue Task Force Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for the Fire Department
- Proposed Sale of Vacant Lot
- Southfield Public Schools Cross Access Road
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 173 170 2001, push *3 to be recognized.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Enact Ordinance No. 1728, Mobile Food Vending (Food Trucks)
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.