City Council August 23 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 632 6791) to make public comment at the August 23 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
August 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code: 173 632 6791
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- DTE Energy Accountability MoveOn Petition
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- PSV21-0001, Vacation Request by Armenian Apostolic Society to vacate the 40’ wide Cardiff Place right-of-way adjacent to and north of Lot 557 and 20’ wide public alley adjacent to and east of Lots 546 to 557 inclusive of Magnolia No. 1 Subdivision, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- Economic Development Initiative – Public Hearing on Establishment of Commercial Rehabilitation District under Public Act 210 of 2005 as Amended, at Civic Center Drive Commercial Rehabilitation District #1
- Economic Development Initiative –Application from Arbor Town II LLC for a Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate under PA 210 of 2005, as amended
- Economic Development Initiative – Public Hearing on Request from Diversified Management Plus d/b/a Melrose Ten LLC to Establish an Industrial Development District under Public Act 198 of 1974, as Amended, at 21671 Melrose Avenue, Southfield MI 48075
- Economic Development Initiative –Application from Easy Online Solutions Ltd. for Personal Property Tax Exemption Under Public Act 328 of 1998, as Amended, at 21671 Melrose Avenue, Southfield MI
- PZTA21-0004A, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending various Articles and Sections of the Zoning Ordinance to add definitions, including but not limited to: Dark Store and Ghost Restaurants, Data Processing and Computer Centers, Last Mile Delivery, Logistics Centers and Virtual Restaurants; and making revisions to certain Sections including but not limited to: Parallel Parking Details; Architectural Standards and Durable Materials; B-3 Drive-thru Restaurant Special Use Requirements; Dark Stores, Ghost Restaurants, Data Processing and Computer Centers as permitted in I-L and I-1 Districts; General Office and Medical Office permitted in I-1; Automobile and Truck Rental as a Special Use in I-1 on Telegraph Road, and Logistics Centers as a Special Land Use in I-1 on Eight Mile Road; and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1743
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
- Purchase of Service and Maintenance Agreement for Years 6-10 for Hart Election Equipment
- Authorization for Contract for Detention Facility Operations
- Approval of Interagency Agreement with the Alliance of Rouge Communities for a US Forestry Service Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Grant: “Reducing Runoff in the Rouge River AOC”
- Authorization to Purchase a New Weapons System for the Southfield Police Special Entry and Response Team (SERT)
- Authorization to Expand the Annual Concrete and Asphalt Maintenance Contracts
- Proposed Sale of Real Property - Edgemont Parcel 76-24-30-126-032
- Proposed Sale of Real Property on Birchridge Parcel 76-24-35-129-011
- Water Leak Relief Program Annual Report
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 173 632 6791.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.