City Council August 17 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 129 759 1586) to make public comment at the August 17 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
August 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 129 617 8172
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation of Joint Resolution – Community Commitment Days June 19th – August 25th, 2020
Presentation of Joint Resolution – 100th Anniversary of 19th Amendment Women’s Right to Vote
Presentation of Joint Resolution – Southfield a “Welcoming City”
Appointment to Southfield Public Arts Commission – Brian J. Craigo
Reappointment to Southfield Public Arts Commission – Jay E. Reid
Appointment to Planning Commission – Geralyn Stephens-Gunn
Appointment to City Centre Advisory Board – Gene Spektor
Reappointment to the Historic District Commission – Barbara E. McBeth
- Magnell House – Historic District Designation Application
- McKinley School – Historic District Designation Application
- Southfield Public Schools Cross Access Easement
- Adoption of Updated Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPP) Rules from the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA)
- Authorization to Purchase Janitoral Supplies and Cleaning Chemicals
- Authorization to Purchase Office Supplies and Other Business Related Products
- Purchase of Additional Lucity Licenses
- Diskkeeper Upgrade to V-Locity
- Authorization to Purchase Sidewalk Snow Removal Equipment for Public Works
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Vehicles and Equipment for the Public Works Department
- Approval of Cost Share Agreement for Oakland County’s 2020 Local Road Improvement Matching Fund Program for Civic Center Drive (Job No. 1951SFLD)
- PSP20-0007, Site Plan Review Request of Dembs Development, Inc., on behalf of the Owner, Lahser Holdings, LLC, for exterior façade changes to the existing building, as well as, redevelopment of the truck well/shipping/receiving area and approval of a 211-car parking lot which will be land banked until such time the lot is needed. Property located at 26555 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcels 2421-202-027, -030 and -031, on the southwest corner of Lahser Road and the Northwestern Service Drive, Section 21, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 129 617 8172, push *3 to be recognized.
- Peace Pole Installation
- Proposed Ordinance to Amend the Vendor Ordinance to include Mobile Food Vending (Food Trucks)
- Introduce Ordinance No. 1728
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Enact Ordinance No. 1725, PZR20-0001, Rezoning Request of Kerby’s Koney Island, property located at 26245 Telegraph Road, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- Enact Ordinance No. 1726, PZR20-0002 is a Rezoning Request of Scott A. Riddle, Inc on behalf of the Owner, Reddy Properties, to Rezone 10.7 acres of land from R-2 Single Family Residential and B-2 Planned Business to B-3 General Business, property located at 27050 W Twelve Mile Road, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- Enact Ordinance No. 1727, PZTA20-0002, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending Section 5.62-A of Article 5 Single Family Residential Districts to allow for additional uses in the Single Family District, and to amend Section 5.53(3) Historic Districts – Bed and Breakfast of Article 4 General Provisions to remove stipulations regarding B&B locations, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
- Discussion of Burn Hookah Bar, Inc., et al v. City of Southfield Case No. 2:19-cv-11413
- City of Southfield v Shefa LLC and Elbaz/Building LLC, d/b/a Elbaz Building and Elbaz Building LLC Case No. 350885
- Shefa, LLC v City of Southfield, et., al – Case No. 2:20-CV-11038
- Discussion of Material Exempt from Discussion or Disclosure by State or Federal Statue MCL15.268(h); MCL 15.243(1)(g)
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.