City Council August 16 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 426 5610) to make public comment at the August 16 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
August 16, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 426 5610
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Presentation of Joint Resolution to Empowerment Church
- Reappointment to the Downtown Development Authority – W. Michael Farland
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting of July 12, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of July 19, 2021
- Southfield Police Department/Flock Safety Automatic License Plate Recognition
- Approval of the Evergreen-Farmington Sanitary Drain Chapter 20 Section 471 Agreement
- Approval of Cost Participation Agreement for Oakland County’s 2021 Local Road Improvement Matching Fund Program (LRIP) for the Resurfacing of 9 Mile Road from Evergreen Road to NB Northwestern Highway (Job No. 1957SFLD)
- Easy Online Solutions, Ltd. at 21671 Melrose Avenue Southfield, MI 48075 Establishment of Industrial Development District and application for Personal Property Tax Exemption under P.A. 328 Request a Public Hearings
- Application Arbor Town II LLC for a Commercial Rehabilitation District and approval of Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate under PA 210 of 2005, as amended Request a Public Hearings
- Liquor License Request – Delicious & Nutritious Restaurant Group, LLC
- 2022 Automobile Theft Prevention Authority Grant Subrecipient Agreement Between Oakland County and City of Southfield – Agreement Renewal
- Receipt of Bids on Tree Trimming and Removal Services
- Resolution for Extension of the Local State of Emergency and Continuing Electronic Meetings
Agreement with Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) for Municipal/Community Credit Service and Funding Contract Period: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
- Enact Ordinance No. 1742, Business Registration
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 173 426 5610.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.