City Council August 10 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 129 759 1586) to make public comment at the August 10 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Committee of the Whole
Agenda of the City Council
August 10, 2020 at 6:00 pm via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 129 087 7560
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Update from Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence
- Adoption of Updated Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPP) Rules from the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA)
- Southfield Police Department / United States Department of Justice 2020 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant
- Southfield Police Department / Michigan State Police Office of Highway Safety Planning (OHSP) Pedestrian Safety Traffic Enforcement Grant
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Site Plan Review Request for Marelli North America located at 26555 Northwestern Highway (PSP20-0007)
- Historic District Designation for the Magnell House
- Historic District Designation for McKinley School
- Mobile MRI Units
- Discussion of Limiting Medical Marihuana Facilities
- Discussion of Southfield Public Schools Cross Access Agreement and ROW for Emergency Access to Green Valley Drive
- Fracassi Campus Signage for Municipal Building
- Proposed Ordinance to Amend the Vendor Ordinance to include Mobile Food Vending (Food Trucks)
- Authorization to Purchase Janitorial Supplies and Cleaning Chemicals
- Authorization to Purchase Office Supplies and Other Business Related Products
- The purchase of additional Lucity Licenses
- Diskkeeper Upgrade to V-Locity
- Authorization to Purchase Sidewalk Snow Removal Equipment for Public Works
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Vehicles and Equipment for the Public Works Department
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 129 087 7560, push *3 to be recognized.
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.