City Council April 15 Regular Meeting Agenda
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SOUTHFIELD TO BE HELD AT 6:00 P.M., LOCAL TIME, IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM AND 7:30 P.M., LOCAL TIME, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN, ON MONDAY APRIL 15, 2019, PURSUANT TO SECTION 4.3 OF THE CITY CHARTER.
(Presentation and discussion of each study item will be limited to ten minutes)
1. Receipt of Bids for Canterbury Gardens & Bonnie Acres Paving and Water Main Improvements (Job No. 1944SFLD)
2. Receipt of Bids for Section 24 (Area 4) Water Main and Sanitary Sewer Replacement (Job No. 1712SFLD)
3. 2019-2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan
4. Proposed Resolution Regarding City of Southfield’s Hiring Process – Unclassified Positions
5. PASP19-0018 – Boulder Green @ Carpenter Lake Resolution
1. Discussion of security and safety of persons or property pursuant to MCL 15.243(1)(y) and MCL 15.268(h)
MOVE TO COUNCIL CHAMBERS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Southfield Photo Prize Presentation
Presentation on West Nile and Zika Virus
Presentation to National Basketball Retired Players Association (NBRPA)
Presentation of Proclamation – Education and Sharing Day
Regular Meeting of March 18, 2019
Regular Meeting of March 25, 2019
A. Receipt of Bids for Canterbury Gardens & Bonnie Acres Paving and Water Main Improvements (Job No. 1944SFLD)
B. Receipt of Bids for Section 24 (Area 4) Water Main and Sanitary Sewer Replacement (Job No. 1712SFLD)
C. 2019-2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan
D. Proposed Resolution Regarding City of Southfield’s Hiring Process – Unclassified Positions
E. PASP19-0018 – Boulder Garden @ Carpenter Lake Resolution
F. West Nile Virus Prevention Funding Assistance
G. Volunteer Medical First Responder (MFR) Program
H. Authorization to Sign an Amended Michigan Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) Association Agreement
I. Authorization to Sign an Amended Oakway Mutual Aid Association Interlocal Agreement
J. Authorization to Purchase Cold Patch Materials for the Public Works Department
K. Fuel Management and Distribution System Annual Maintenance and Support
A. Single Lot Special Assessment Roll Hearing and Confirmation
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
• No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
• No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
A. Request for Recognition – Sonjia Simpson-Gardner
B. Request for Recognition – Pamela Gerald
C. Request for Recognition – Gerard Mullin
D. Request for Recognition – Stacy Jackson
E. Request for Recognition – Keith Harris
F. Request for Recognition – Harold Hill
G. Request for Recognition – Gregory Keeler
H. Request for Recognition – Reverend Sheffield
I. Request for Recognition – Adolph Mongo
J. Request for Recognition – Syndi Victor
K. Request for Recognition – Richard Mason
A. Approve Travel Expense Report for Daniel Brightwell: Michigan Municipal League Convention, March 18-20, 2019, Lansing, MI.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
A. Approve Travel Expense Report for Sherikia Hawkins: 8th Annual BWR Women of Power National Summit, March 15-19, 2019.
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.