City Council April 13 Regular Meeting Agenda conducted via teleconference
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the April 13 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
April 13, 2020 at 6:00pm via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Regular Meeting Minutes of February 10, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of February 24, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of March 23, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of March 30, 2020
- Appointment of Deputy City Attorney
- Appointment of Assistant City Attorney II
- Presentation of New Policies: Emergency Closing Policy, Infectious Disease Outbreak (Or Potential Outbreak) and Extenuating Circumstances Policy and Paid Medical Leave Act Policy. (Receive and File)
- Request to schedule Public Hearing for the Request from Brian’s Foods LLC at 21444 Bridge Street for Personal Property Tax Exemption Under P.A. 328
- Request to schedule a Public Hearing for the establishment of the Industrial Development District.
- Request to schedule a Public Hearing for Single Lot Assessment Roll
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
Call in number for Communication is 248-796-5152.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.