Beech Road rehabilitation from 8 Mile to 10 mile begins March 7
The Beech Road Bridge Rehabilitation Project will be underway beginning March 7, 2022, requiring Beech Road to be closed to through traffic. This project will require the closure of Beech Road between 9 Mile and 10 Mile roads, including:
- Through traffic from 9 Mile to 10 Mile will be closed for bridge work over the Rouge River (Posted detour signs will be in place).
- Two-way local traffic ONLY will be permitted on Beech Road from 9 Mile Road to 10 Mile Road on each side of the bridge to the bridge location .
2021 PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS:
The Beech Road project completed asphalt rehabilitation between 8 Mile and 10 Mile Roads, including underground drainage structure/sewer upgrades, intermittent curb and gutter placement, signage, guardrail, and driveway approaches.
2022 PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
The project will wrap up this spring with complete traffic signal upgrades at the 9 Mile intersection, along with sidewalk ramp upgrades, asphalt rehabilitation at the 9 Mile/Beech Road intersection, completion of driveway approaches, irrigation repairs, lawn restoration, and heavy maintenance for the Beech Road bridge (between 9 - 10 Mile Roads). Starting March 7, 2022, the bridge rehabilitation will begin, requiring the closure of Beech Road between 10 Mile and 9 Mile. The bridge closure is expected to last approximately one month. There will also be a short three-day closure for the placement of epoxy overlay on the bridge deck once warmer temperatures arrive in the spring.
- Signal work – Currently underway
- Bridge work – Beginning March 7, 2022
- All other contract work - Expected to be complete by late June 2022
- Bridge work between 9 Mile and 10 Mile:
- Thru traffic from 9 Mile to 10 Mile will be closed for bridge work over the Rouge River (Posted detour signs will be in place).
- Two-way local traffic ONLY will be permitted on Beech Road from 9 Mile Road to 10 Mile
- Road on each side of the bridge to the bridge location
For all construction related inquiries, please contact our Construction Engineer overseeing the project:
Cara Parks, Construction Engineer