Administrative Civil Service Commission September 1 Regular Meeting Agenda
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
ADMINISTRATIVE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
September 1, 2020 - 5:30 p.m.
Due to the State of Emergency declared regarding COVID-19, ACS meeting will be conducted Via Teleconference @ 248-796-5053
26000 Evergreen Road
A. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Review and approve Agenda for 9-1-20 meeting.
- Review and approve Minutes of the July 28, 2020 ACS Meeting
- Review and approve Minutes of the August 18, 2020 ACS Meeting
D. ELIGIBILITY LISTS
- Certification of Eligibility List – Accountant I
- Certification of Eligibility List – Help Desk Assistant
- Certification of Eligibility List – Maintenance Work – Parks & Recreation
E. EMPLOYMENT ITEMS
F. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
G. ACS RULES/ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS
H. OLD BUSINESS
- Discussion on updating ACS Rules - Timeline & type of rules to be updated
- Clarify language regarding which employees are covered by the ACS
- Quarterly Report - Due 30 days after close of quarter- 2nd Quarter past due
- Commission payments - Provide each commissioner a schedule of the 2020 attended meetings and the remuneration there of.
- Funding available to Commissioners - City Administrator's meeting with City Council regarding the funding for ACS to engage outside services.
- HR position of Manager of Operations- History and Propriety
- Retiree/Rehire Criteria and rules
I. NEW BUSINESS
- Information on closed session criteria
- Policy of managers having the choice of hiring any qualified candidate
- Minutes should be signed by administrator
- Final copies of minutes to be sent to commissioners
- Discussion of Admin Division Section 6.5 Dept of Civil Service
- Liability coverage for ACS
- Consider moving Public Comments after minutes.
J. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.