Commission On Senior Adults (COSA)
The Commission on Senior Adults (COSA) was created to present recommendations and information to the Mayor and City Council based upon its investigation and study of the needs, concerns and problems of senior adults living in Southfield. COSA works closely with City departments or local agencies which serve the senior adult community. COSA also monitors state and federal legislation and serves as an educational link to services and resources designed to support our senior community.
COSA Projects and Activities:
- AARP Age Friendly Community
- Advocacy for senior concerns
- Cable 15 senior programming
- Senior issue forums
- Liaison between seniors and City Council
- Senior Appreciation Celebration
- Speakers bureau
- Senior housing and transportation issues
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please call Rhonda Terry at (248) 796-4540.