City of Southfield seeks entries for 5th annual Photo Prize competition and public art exhibition
The city of Southfield will sponsor the 5th annual Southfield Photo Prize this summer to showcase the natural and architectural beauty throughout the city while also creating an outdoor public art exhibition.
The City is currently seeking qualified entries for the competition which will run from June through early September. Submissions will be initially reviewed by the Total Living Commission that will select the top 25 entries that will be displayed and eligible for public voting. Finalists will then be enlarged and displayed outside on city hall and the parks & recreation building for public viewing and voting. The community will be encouraged to visit all the entries and to vote online for their favorite installation.
Finalists will be posted on the City’s website (www.cityofsouthfield.com) for judging by the public from June 14 – September 3. The photo that receives the most overall votes will be featured in the City’s 2022 calendar with a photo credit. Other finalists may also be featured in the calendar and other city marketing materials. The photograph that receives the most overall votes will be announced at an awards ceremony in September in addition to prizes and gift certificates from local businesses for all top ten winners.
Criteria for Submission:
- Must live, work, worship or attend school in the City of Southfield;
- Original digital color photograph of Southfield landmark or other subject matter shot within the City of Southfield borders within the last calendar year in any season. Photographs with no obvious photo editing taken in any season or format are acceptable (color or b&w);
- Photograph must be high resolution: at least 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch) and submitted in JPEG, TIFF or PDF file format under 5 MB (Megabytes) in size (which can be achieved with most cameras and phones);
- The City of Southfield reserves the right to use all entries in marketing and other materials – expressly the City’s 2022 calendar;
- May submit up to three (3) total shots for consideration per person; and
- Submissions must be e-mailed as an attachment to PhotoContest@cityofsouthfield.com by Friday, May 21, 2021. Submissions may also be mailed on a CD to: Southfield Community Relations Department, 26000 Evergreen Road, P.O. Box 2055, Southfield, MI 48037-2055.
- Submissions that do not meet above criteria will not be eligible for the competition.
For more information, call Community Relations at (248) 796-5130.