CIVIC CENTER DRIVE REHABILITATION, LAHSER RD TO NB NORTHWESTERN HWY
The project consists of concrete pavement patch removal and replacement. Work is the second phase of work that started last Fall when DTE placed a new underground electric line under the Civic Center westbound roadway and replaced the concrete pavement.
- Work this year will focus on the center turn lane and eastbound lane.
- The intersection areas of Civic Center and Southbound Northwestern, and Civic Center and Northbound Northwestern will be patched causing lane closures and traffic delays.
- New driveways will be placed on the north and south sides of Civic Center temporarily impacting access. No access will be lost to properties; however, other property driveways may have to be utilize to access some sites.
- New sidewalk will be placed on the north side of Civic Center between Lahser and Southbound Northwestern.
- New sidewalk will be placed along the east side of Lahser, south of Civic Center to close the sidewalk gap.
Work will begin in mid-May, 2020 and continue through October, 2020.
During construction on Civic Center, the work will require the closure of westbound Civic Center between southbound Northwestern and Lahser Road. Eastbound Civic Center traffic will remain open during construction.
This $1,962,570 project is being funded with $346,965 Federal funds and $1,615,605 City road bond funds.
Click Here to stay up to date on improvement projects in your Neighborhood!
For all construction related inquiries, please contact our Construction Engineer overseeing the project:
Cara Parks, Construction Engineer