12 Mile Road – Telegraph to Lahser
The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with the City of Southfield, expects to begin resurfacing 12 Mile Road from Telegraph Road to Lahser Road in Southfield on Monday, June 1.
- One lane in each direction will remain open throughout the project. Access to all homes and businesses along the road will be maintained at all times.
- The project is expected to be completed in fall 2020.
- The approximately $1.7 million project is funded by RCOC, the City of Southfield and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
The 1-mile project includes:
- Milling (grinding off the top layer of existing pavement)
- Repaving with asphalt
- Some curb and gutter replacement
- Reconstructing pedestrian crosswalk ramps to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Installation of new pedestrian-crosswalk signals
- Guardrail improvements
- New and relocated bus-stop pads
The contractor for the project is Cadillac Asphalt of Farmington Hills.
This section of 12 Mile Road carries approximately 21,000 vehicles per day. For more information on the 12 Mile project, visit the “12 Mile (Telegraph Road to Lahser Road)” page on the RCOC Website: https://www.rcocweb.org/538/12-Mile-Road-Telegraph-Road-to-Lahser-Ro.
As a reminder, RCOC has taken a number of steps to protect employees from coming into contact with people who may be infected with the coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes continuing to ask the public to contact the agency remotely and to refrain from talking with Road Commissions workers and contractors in person, including when they are working on or near the roads.
Instead, anyone can contact RCOC through any of the following methods: