Family-friendly event co-sponsored by city of Southfield, Oak Park and Oakland County
The cities of Southfield and Oak Park along with Oakland County Parks & Recreation will present the free Rhythm & Rhymes Music Festival on Saturday, July 21 from 1-9 p.m. in the Southfield Pavilion, 26000 Evergreen Road. Due to the inclement weather, the location was changed from city hall front lawn.
The event will feature several music performances from local and national talent in addition to a wide variety of food trucks and local artist displays. The musical lineup includes:
• Lady Sunshine and the X Band from 1-2 p.m.;
• Project Grand Slam (from New York) from 2:30-3:30 p.m.;
• Tim Bowman from 4-5:15 p.m.;
• Alexander Zonjic with Lin Rountree & Phil Denny from 5:45-7 p.m.; and
• Nick Colionne (from Chicago) closing out the day from 7:30-9 p.m.
Admission and parking are free and food is available for purchase. Bring your own lawn chairs or blankets for seating. The Festival is sponsored with support from Best Western Premier, Avis Ford, Tamaroff Honda, Tamaroff Nissan and Glassman Automotive Group.
For more information, call the Southfield Parks and Recreation Department at (248) 796-4620.