|City Council July 8 Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Agenda|
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL (CONDUCTED AS A COMMITTEE-OF-THE-WHOLE MEETING) TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM OF THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN, ON MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019, AT 6:00 P.M. LOCAL TIME, PURSUANT TO SECTION 4.3 OF THE CITY CHARTER.
FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
1. Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Land Use for Mar Thoma Church (PSLU19-0003)
2. Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Land Use for General Office Use on Telegraph Road (PSLU19-0005)
3. Debt Management Policy
4. Fund Balance Policy
5. Appointment of Representative and Alternate to the Southeastern Oakland County Water Authority (SOCWA)
6. Amendment to Animal Control Ordinance
7. Presentation Regarding Recent Lead and Copper Regulatory Changes in Michigan
8. Presentation Regarding 1998 Pollution Control Project
9. City Administrator Item
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
§ No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
§ No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council. Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
1. Discussion of The Estate of Eric Citron, deceased, by his Personal Representative, Emil Citron v. City of Southfield Case No. 2019-173673-NO
2. Discussion of Materials Exempt From Discussion or Disclosure by State or Federal statute. MCL 15.268(h); MCL 15.243(1)(g)
3. Council Chamber Security Assessment
AND OTHER ITEMS COUNCIL DEEMS NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.