|City Council June 3 Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Agenda|
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL (CONDUCTED AS A COMMITTEE-OF-THE-WHOLE MEETING) TO BE HELD AT 6:00 P.M. LOCAL TIME, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN, ON MONDAY JUNE 3, 2019, PURSUANT TO SECTION 4.3 OF THE CITY CHARTER.
FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
1. Police Chief Community Panel Interview
2. Presentation of Joint Resolution – Wear Orange! Light Up Southfield Day
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
• No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
• No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
1. Request for Recognition – Pamela Gerald
2. Request for Recognition – Gerard Mullin
3. Request for Recognition – Sonjia Simpson-Gardner
4. Request for Recognition – Gail Montgomery
5. Request for Recognition – Gina Perry
6. Request for Recognition – Robin Gardella
7. Request for Recognition – Bud Johnson
8. Request for Recognition – Kristen Johnson
9. Request for Recognition – Marla Weingarten
10. Request for Recognition – Keith Harris
11. Request for Recognition – Stacy Jackson
AND OTHER ITEMS COUNCIL DEEMS NECESSARY
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.