What We Do
- Provide culturally sensitive counseling services that are short term, confidential, and individually tailored to meet each client’s unique needs.
- Actively involve clients in the counseling process and develop treatment goals based on identified needs.
- Provide personal growth, dignity, and well-being of clients through creative and consistent counseling relationships.
Southfield-Lathrup Counseling Services, a division of the Southfield Human Services Department, is a non-profit, community based counseling program. Services are available to the residents of Southfield and Lathrup Village, and those working in the community.
Income and personal circumstances are considered in setting fees based on a sliding scale.
Internship opportunities are available to area university students.
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Marital/Couple Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Stress Management
- Crisis Interventions and Referrals
- Anger Management
- Education & Prevention Programs
- Court Referrals
The Southfield-Lathrup Counseling Services Advisory Board consists of 15 members. Current Board members elect new members to replace departing ones. The Advisory Board's primary purpose is to provide direction and guidance in an advisory capacity to the Counseling Services Program. It works regularly with the Human Services Department. The members serve two-year renewable terms.
If you are interested in counseling or becoming a volunteer on the Southfield-Lathrup Counseling Services Advisory Board, please call Rhonda Terry at (248) 796-4540.