More than 90% of medical emergency calls are treated without knowledge of the patients' medical history. The File of Life card enables Fire/Police/EMS personnel to obtain a quick and accurate medical history when a patient is unable to offer one. The card also eliminates the risk of a patient forgetting to mention something important.
The card, which is kept in a red plastic pocket labeled FILE OF LIFE, lists the patient name, emergency medical contact, insurance policy, social security number, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgery, religion and a health care proxy. The entire pocket is held with a magnet to the outside of the refrigerator.
You can obtain a FREE File of Life card for you and each of your family members at:City of Southfield Fire Department
24477 Lahser Rd. Southfield MI 48034
Benefits to police officers
- Faster help for citizens in emergencies.
- Maximum use of officers' time.
Benefits to Fire and EMS personnel
- Instantly know medical history of patient.
- Corrective treatment can begin at once.
Benefits to hospital emergency staff
- On arrival, data is immediately available to medical staff.
- No wasted time getting information from a confused patient.
Benefits to each individual
- Peace of mind knowing they will have prompt and quality care.
- Easy access to potentially life-saving information.
- Assurance that proper persons will be notified quickly.
Renewed sense of community spirit.