||46th District Court
26000 Evergreen Rd.
Southfield, MI 48076
The Court is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m except for holidays. The Clerk Counter and Cashier are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for holidays.
The 46th District Court encompasses Southfield, Lathrup Village, Beverly Hills, Franklin Village, Bingham Farms, and Southfield Township. The 46th District is served by three elected judges and two appointed magistrates, with daily operations directed by Court Administrator Renee Shelide (telephone: (248) 796-5800), who is appointed by the judges.
The 46th District Court has exclusive jurisdiction over:
- all civil litigation up to $25,000.00
- all criminal misdemeanors (where punishment does not exceed one year)
- the arraignment, setting, and acceptance of bail and conducting of preliminary examinations in felony cases (where punishment exceeds one year imprisonment)
- all traffic and parking violations
- small claims disputes in which the claim does not exceed $5,500.00
- all landlord-tenant disputes and land contract forfeitures
Information for people needing assistance
The 46th District Court's intent is to operate its programs and services so they, when viewed in their entirety, are readily accessible to and usable by individuals with a disability. To ensure equally-effective communication, the Court will provide auxiliary aids and services, such as sign-language interpreters, upon request. Reasonable advance notice is required. Please contact the Court Administrator's office at (248)796-5800 (voice) or (248)354-3329 (TDD) to make requests for these services.
Individuals with special needs who may require assistance in utilizing this process or service should also contact the Court Administrator's office. The court's ADA Coordinator, Tera Jackson-Davis, can be reached at (248)796-5806.