Where is the Parks & Recreation Department’s main office located?
Parks & Recreation Department’s main office

What is a Resident Leisure Card? How do I get one?
Resident Leisure Card

What is a Business Leisure Card? How do I get one?
Business Leisure Card

How often is the Parks & Recreation Activities Guide brochure published?
The Southfield Parks & Recreation Activities Guide is published 3 times a year: Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer. Publication dates are generally late August, mid-December and mid-March. A PDF version of the current Parks & Recreation Activities Guide can always be found on the Parks & Recreation site under the Resources Panel.

How can I volunteer for a special event or program?
Special event/Program

What is the age requirement to be considered a senior?
Southfield Parks & Recreation has established 55 years of age as its minimum age requirement to receive a senior discount.

Class Registration

How and where do I register for a class listed in the activities brochure?
Registration Form (pdf)

What methods of payment do you accept?
Effective January 1, 2019 Southfield Parks & Recreation Department will no longer accept personal checks as payment for any class, program, special event, membership or room/site rental.
See Registration Form (pdf)

Do you pro-rate class fees?
No we do not pro-rate class fees.

What is the Refund Policy for withdrawing from a class/program?
See Registration Information (pdf)

I live in Lathrup Village, why do I have to pay a Non-Resident Fee?
Resident rates are given only to those individuals with a current Southfield mailing address/residence.

Are there scholarships available for camp programs or classes?
There are some scholarships available through the Southfield Youth Assistance program of the Southfield Human Services Department.

Is your camp program tax deductible?
Yes, our day camp programs are tax deductible. We urge each parent to keep a copy of you child’s camp registration form and receipt for each session attended.

How do I register my child for a sports league?
Athletic league registration must be done in person by the child’s parent or guardian, we do not accept mail-in or fax-in registration for athletic leagues.


How do I report a problem or vandalism at a park?
Southfield Parks

Who do I contact for information on the Resident Tree Program?
The Resident Tree Program is handled by the City’s Forestry Division through the Department of Public Works. You may contact them at (248) 796-4634.

How can I rent a picnic shelter?
Rental Opportunities


Do you offer golf classes?
Yes, even in the winter months golf classes take place at our indoor heated tee facility. Please refer to the current P&R Activities Guide (found in pdf form in the Resources panel, on the lower left side of this webpage) for information concerning our year-round golf lessons.


When does the pool open?
The Southfield Sports Arena Pool will open for the summer 2019 season on Saturday, June 15.