The Southfield Community Relations Department produces a number of promotional materials for the City that communicate important news and information in addition to promoting various City departments, events, programs and services. In addition to various brochures, newsletters and other promotional materials, Community Relations also produces the City's award-winning annual report/calendar and Southfield Living, the official City newsletter.
Southfield Living, the official city newsletter, is distributed to all homeowners, apartment dwellers and businesses in Southfield. The newsletter is packed with important information about the city of Southfield and the surrounding community. The newsletter offers residents useful information. Additional copies of Southfield Living may be obtained at the Neighborhood & Information Center on the main level of Southfield City Hall at the Municipal Complex, 26000 Evergreen Road (at Civic Center Drive), or download below.
- Southfield Living, Volume 16, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2018 - 1.77MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 15, Issue 2 Fall 2017/Winter 2018 - 1.15MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 15, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2017 - 2.3MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 14, Issue 2 Fall 2016/Winter 2017 - 1.15MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 14, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2016 - 2.08MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 13, Issue 2 Fall 2015/Winter 2016 - 1.5MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 13, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2015 - 2.84MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 12, Issue 2 Fall 2014/Winter 2015 - 1.57MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 12, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2014 - 2.63MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 11, Issue 2 Fall 2013/Winter 2014 - 1.48MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 11, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2013 - 1.95MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 10, Issue 2 Fall 2012/Winter 2013 - 1.37MB
- Southfield Living, Volume 10, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2012 - 2.88MB
- Southfield Living Voulme 9, Issue 2 Fall 2011/Winter 2012 - 1.44MB
- Southfield Living Voulme 9, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2011 - 2.59MB
- Southfield Living Voulme 8, Issue 2 Fall 2010/Winter 2011 - 1.61MB
- Southfield Living Volume 8, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2010 - 2.49MB
- Southfield Living Volume 7, Issue 2 Fall 2009/Winter 2010 - 1.47MB
- Southfield Living Volume 7, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2009 - 2.56MB
- Southfield Living Volume 6, Issue 2 Fall 2008/Winter 2009 - 3.33MB
- Southfield Living Volume 6, Issue 1 Spring 2008 - 2.14 MB
- Southfield Living Volume 5, Issue 2 Fall 2007/Winter 2008 - 3.6MB
Each year, the Southfield Community Relations Department publishes an attractive wall calendar for all Southfield residents and businesses. The annual report/calendar features a wealth of municipal information, stunning photographs of Southfield, and a convenient overview of city programs and events throughout the entire year. The calendar also contains an advertising insert filled with valuable coupons and other ads purchased by area businesses, which helps to offset printing costs. The calendar’s design, produced entirely in-house by the Community Relations Department, is intended to inspire the City’s 73,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. It is also designed to sell Southfield to the rest of the world as one of the premier residential and business communities in Michigan or the Midwest. To obtain a printed copy, please stop in the Neighborhood & Information Center located inside City Hall.
Whether you are a long-time resident or new to the City, this handbook provides an overview of (almost) everything you need to know about living in Southfield. Every resident has a vested interest in maintaining property values by keeping Southfield clean and attractive. Please follow these guidelines and do your part to keep Southfield beautiful by maintaining your home and neighborhood. If you see a potential code or appearance issue, call the City’s special hotline Eyes on Southfield at (248) 796-EYES (3937) 24-hours a day, seven-days a week to report it. Together, we can keep Southfield beautiful!
Resident Handbook (pdf)
In addition to producing numerous city publications, Community Relations also produces a number of other City-related promotional materials. The department writes and distributes all City press releases, fact sheets, and media advisories to inform media outlets about the latest City news and events. The department also develops brochures, flyers, and other collateral materials that promote various City departments, programs and services.
The City of Southfield requires that all users of any of the City's social media pages conduct themselves civilly and shall not use any inappropriate language or comments or those that could be deemed abusive, discriminatory, inflammatory, profane, likely to incite violence or hatred, likely to offend or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability, threatening, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or lewd. The City assumes no responsibility for the content of comments posted by users and does not endorse any opinions posted by third parties.
| Connect with the City of Southfield |
| || || || |
For more information, contact Community Relations at (248) 796-5130.